Pages

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

HATTER'S VIEW: INTENSITY


I have always been fascinated with Dean Koontz' books. He's my favorite--he probably was the influencer why I was able to do a novel that is a mix of Stephenie Meyer and JK Rowling but definitely mature and more considerate in the whole hullabaloo.

(Hahaha! Lifted my own bench right there)

Dean Koontz swept me away for the very first time on a book whose title I forgot. Then, I was eleven or twelve years old. He was writing suspense stories--and that first book was a sci-fi suspense piece. I remembered his name forever--but was not able to buy books...

Until I was in fourth year College. Yes, MJ and I bought around ten of his books, all on sale, and I had fun reading them...

Intensity is, by far, the best I've read so far. I finished it in less than 20 hours--reading it while in a jeepney ride to school, while being stressed by job orders at the office, and while helping my baby with her project. :)

Intensity was written very realistically--no elements of sci-fi, full of suspense, and terribly anger-generating.

It was about Chyna Shepherd, a survivor in life who was caught in a very remarkable 24 hours of threatening...

She accompanied her friend, Laura, to their mansion of some sort. Apparently, the mansion has been watched by a stranger, who, at that night, massacred brutally all the people inside--but he miraculously did not see Chyna. Chyna was then obliged to run after the man--the strange man who seemed to be a psycopath--and by following him she learned that the man really enjoyed brutal killings.

She wanted vengeance, or most probably justice-- and so she kept up with the whole experience... Until she overheard the man say something about a sixteen year-old girl locked under his house and he was waiting for the girl to ripen...

And Chyna felt like she had to do something--save the child, untouched and alive.

To make the long story short, Chyna reached the killer's house but the killer caught her--and it was a chase not only between them, but also a chase between life and death, between hope and giving up, between sexes, between Dobermans.

It was a sensational book--something that could give you the thrill and the facts about synthesia and what not--but most of all, it's a story of hope and survival. When I reached the last page, it felt awesome--like it was redemption at its finest, though it was not a happily ever after.

The Ranting Hatter just had 20 hours of break from all the stresses and baeipohjbionbdviobvnogehuinjh systems in which he was tasked to stand and endure with for the rest of the contract.

And, uhm, just now, I've discovered--it was actually made into a series... I want to watch!!! Or please, let's download a full version over pirate bay or something. hahahahahaha!!!!!!


Read on! (Or watch on) hahahaha! Dean Koontz is brilliant. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment