Pages

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Ranting Hatter in Wonderland Day 1

THIS IS THE WONDERLAND SERIES OF YOUR RANTING HATTER. :)



HAT OF THE DAY:



I was sucked into oblivion. The moment I woke up and realized that this is the day (let me do that again) THE DAY, I fell into the in-between of excitement and feAR. I KNEW I WAS A BIT TOO EARLY FOR THE TEN AM CALL TIME BUT I LEFT HOME EARLY ANYWAY. I was aiming for the avoidance of traffic. Having that mindset, i took a standing ovation bus ride to INSULAR BUILDING. When I got off the train, I felt the buildings of Makati crash on me.

OH NO. MAKATI'S EATEN ME ALIVE.

I continued to travel the inner digestive system of Makati. I walked by what it seemed to me as a passage to Wonderland. It was an underpass. When I got to the other side, I eventually arrived at the building where i will be working. DM9, here i come... I said.


the nice yellow chair in the lobby

And yes, I came. I've seen, finally, the voice that calls me Mr. Paul. He was the security personnel, and his name is Lawrence. He told me to wait for my co-intern, Rachel, before we would proceed to the interview with Miss Judy. Contrary to the blogs that I've stalked, DM9's walls aren't yellow... Well, at least the chairs in the lobby are. There's an orchestra of trophies that sang me a lullaby... it was a beautiful musical extravaganza--- it was telling me to dream about working in this place.


the espresso machine is more interesting. :D


Rachel came in a bit late. once seated, Ms. Judy greeted us and gave us what seemed to me as a briefing. I landed on Accounts/ Copywriting while Rachel was forced to go to creatives... it was a dual partnership--- we're a team now. After a short tour, we were brought to the famous BATCAVE--- the official tambayan of DM9 Interns.


the epic batcave. :D


Work came early as Miss Isa from the Accounts told us that we are to work on competitive analyses due tomorrow. The twist of the day came: Rachel was summoned by another Wonderland, a land where she seemed to belong to... And so we had to tell Ms. Isa that your Ranting Hatter will be left alone--- and she said its not a problem... I would just be doing all 30 comp. analyses due the next morning... Good thing though, i did not have a laptop... So... wait... it's a bad thing, coz I have to bring home a bunch of homeworks. Imagine first day.

Frankly, I'm excited... I could dance and dance and dance like the Mad Hatter because of happiness. I mean, I could and i would make them TEA, even conduct a TEA PARTEA for them if they want to... I just wanna work. :D

Rachel and I went out for lunch and i insisted we go to GB1 because my girl is there... I'd like to steal a kiss and a hug... So we went there and met my girl... Afterwards, we bought meals from KFC and decided we eat at the pantry of our office instead... But it was really an awkward thing to do... We felt like ants... :))

Later on, Rachel and I went back to the cave. Sooner than expected, Rachel was dismissed since she will no longer work in DM9... I soon had an opportunity to work. The people from DM9 worked it out so that I could work on a laptop...


the toil begins. :D

at 14:43, I started working.
at 14:56, I really started working...
at 16:40, it's break time.
at 18:32, I stopped... I've accomplished 13 c.a. by then.
at 18:38, i started working again.
at 19:20, I worked... worked... worked...
went home at around 20:45. Worked hard to finish 7 remaining c.a.s...


Day ended at 1:00 am.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're enjoying your internship. I just finished composing my nominations for the Emerging Influential Bloggers of 2010 (please update frequently, hehe):

    http://www.skysenshi.com/2010/06/my-nominees-for-top-10-emerging.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah miss bea, about that....

    THANK YOU!!!!!!! I REALLY IM DEEPLY AWED BY YOUR RECOGNITION. :)

    ReplyDelete